Below is a listing of sites of interest to active people.
- STOP Sports Injuries - The development of the STOP (Sports Trauma and Overuse Prevention) Sports Injuries campaign was initiated by the American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine (AOSSM). The STOP Sports Injuries Campaign wants to be sure that you have all the information you need to keep kids in the game for life.
General Outdoor Fun
- imtryingtorecreate.com - An outdoor blog that we sponsor. A useful and entertaining site for information on gear, day trips, and backpacking in the Pacific Northwest.
- The Circuit Bouldering Gym - One of the largest bouldering gyms in the world. And their brand new facility is RIGHT NEXT DOOR to Black Diamond PT. Check them out!
- Portland Mountain Rescue - Portland Mountain Rescue is a non-profit, volunteer organization dedicated to saving lives through rescue and education.
- Mazamas - Their mission is to provide a comprehensive climbing program with allied activities that enhance and protect the participants and the environment.
- Velo Dirt - A PDX-based riders with a penchant for dirt. Not necessarily the single track MTB kind – but those lonely dirt roads you pass on your regular road rides. A great resource for local rides and a great community of cyclists.
- Two Rivers Aikikai - Two Rivers Aikikai is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing women, men and children with the opportunity for personal growth through the practice of Aikido and Iaido in Portland, Oregon.
- Exercise Equipment Northwest - Our preferred exercise equipment supplier.
- Bill Wilson’s Common Sense Fitness - Whether you want to improve overall fitness, or improve your athletic abilities, they can design a program for you… one that will be easy, fun and manageable!
- Foot Traffic - They are a great place to buy equipment such as shoes and clothing. They have very knowledgable staff and their website is full of resources for training and getting involed in the running community.
- WalkJogRun - This is a handy trip route planner for runners. You can plot your course on an interactive map and calculate your distance. Much better than driving the course!
- Oregon Ocean Paddling Society (OOPS) - They are an active club with members of all ages, and regularly have several paddling trips, educational activities and social events scheduled each month.
- Alder Creek - Alder Creek has the boats and gear you need to get out on the water and classes to elevate your paddling skills.
Outdoor Equipment Retailers/Repair/Suppliers
- Oregon Mountain Community - A group of Northwest mountain enthusiasts with the knowledge and expertise to help you with whatever your outdoor needs.
- REI - Outdoor Gear and Clothing for Hiking, Camping and More.
- The Mountain Shop - Outdoor outfitter in Portland. Also offers equipment rentals.
- Next Adventure - Portland’s Alternative Sporting Goods store. New, used, and closeout gear for camping, climbing, kayaking, snow sports, and apparel at great prices.